Sunday, May 20, 2012

the Pre-Beginning Shakes

All right, I know Mom, you don't have to tell me. Go to sleep. I get it. Big day tomorrow, what with starting this internship thing and all. Barely learned the subway in time (we only know our stops, anything more and we're venturing into Dangerous Territory), but we're here! We're good!

And first day forecast?

Rain.


Big hulking showers of it. Just cascading down. Like avalanches! All right, maybe I'm over-exagerating a little---or maybe I'm not. Does it rain the same here as it does in Columbia? Do the streets flood like in the Vista? Should I instead be investing in a Central Park rowboat instead of a MetroCard?

Breathe, Ash. Mom would say. I've had jobs before. I've worked before. This is nothing new. But I've never had to rely on public transportation to get me there, and while the subways don't scare me, I'm daunted by the morning commute simply because it'll be crowded. There will be people.

Oh, and let's not forget that Random House Publishers? Hi, I've only been reading your books since, like, ever and a half. Or at least ever. Maybe a soft ever.

There really isn't much to report on the night before, only that Courtney and I are excited. We are so excited, it's hard to contain ourselves. We shared Youtube videos, danced to Just Dance moves, and giggled over anime theme songs (don't worry if you don't understand, not many people do) to de-stress ourselves.

Breathe.

It's going to rain on the first day of the internship. I'm not sure if this is a good omen or bad, but I think the rain is going to be what we make of it.







No comments:

Post a Comment